[Vpn-help] Saving password?

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Mon Sep 14 01:36:48 CDT 2009

Dario wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I've just started using ShrewSoft's VPN client. I've imported some PCF
> profiles from Cisco VPN Client, and I'm wondering, is it possible to
> save user password somehow? I've only been able to save my username
> (through Preferences / "Remember the connection user name").

Hi Dario,

There is no support for locally caching the user password. However, you
can create a shortcut that supplies the password on the ipsecc command
line ...

ipsecc -r "name" [-u <name>][-p <pass>][-a]
   -r site configuration name
   -u connection user name
   -p connection user password
   -a auto connect

However, this should be avoided on shared machines. Specifying passwords
on a command line is a bad idea.

Hope this helps,