[Vpn-help] Start client with Windows logon??

Evan Kinney Evan.Kinney at sas.com
Sun Sep 6 16:35:53 CDT 2009

Unfortunately, no - at least, the way Cisco did it. With the release
of Windows Vista, Microsoft did away with the GINA architecture that
allowed third-party software to modify the Windows logon process.

Microsoft did, however, implement a new system: they now refer to
these as Credential Providers, and this architecture is much more
secure than the previous GINA one. More info is available at MSDN: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc163489.aspx

In short, it's definitely possible, but would take considerable
amounts of the developer's time to implement.