[Vpn-help] Can not import pcf file

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Mon Sep 14 01:53:05 CDT 2009

Jens Nielsen wrote:
> After getting a PC with Vista 64bit, I no longer can use my old client,
> so I've attempted to build 2.1.5-rc-3 for my access.
> I first tried to import my pcf file, but that didn't work.
>
> I tried a manual configuration, but i get the same problem as another
> user reported:
>
> bringing up tunnel ...
> network device configured
> tunnel enabled
> session terminated by gateway
> tunnel disabled
> detached from key daemon ...
>
> According to our networking people, we us a Cisco VPN3030 for our VPN access.
> Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Jens,

My guess is that phase2 isn't being established for some reason. Try
playing with the PFS setting. You may be able to obtain more info using
the VPN Trace application ...

http://www.shrew.net/support/wiki/BugReportVpnWindows

Please be careful when posting the output to the public mailing list. IP
addresses and ID information should be removed.

Hope this helps,