[vpn-help] Client configuratoin after Cisco profile import Challenge/Response

Brian Silvers bsilvers at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 13 13:34:27 CDT 2010

Hi all

I'm trying to figure out how to configure the client to allow me to NOT
enter a password on first call.

I installed the ShrewSoft VPN client on my Windows 2008 VM and imported one
of my Cisco VPN profiles into it successfully. However I'm having a problem
with the challenge/response sequence of events that needs to happen..  On
the Cisco VPN client I click on the profile to connect and just enter my
UserID and leave the password blank and click OK  and then I get a challenge
response to where I put in my key and # that I get from my password dongle.

On the Shrewsoft client it will not allow me to NOT enter a password from
the get go and I can't seem to find in the preferences as to what I need to
change.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian