[vpn-help] Forcing DIVERT-RECV on the client

Andrew Hildebrand andrew.hildebrand at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 15:34:18 CDT 2010

I am using the VPN client in an unorthodox way.  The client connects to the
VPN Gateway, but is not allowed to make any connections to the servers.
Connections are initiated from the Server side to the client.  I have
everything working, but I have to first ping an IP on the 2 networks we have
defined in our config.  Once that is done, we can then initiate connections
from the servers to the client.

Looking at the VPN Trace program (Firewall Rules tab), I can see that the
DIVERT-SEND lines are up when the client is started.  The DIVERT-RECV lines
do not come up until, the client sends packets (ping) to the networks in the
config.  Is there a way to force the VPN Client to bring up the DIVERT-RECV
lines when the client is started (without having to ping to those networks
manually)?

-Andrew