[vpn-help] Require help with troubleshooting samba shares over ipsec

Brett Morrison bretmorr at hyne.com.au
Mon Aug 9 20:32:40 CDT 2010

Hi all

We are having trouble with some Samba shares on one of our servers not
being accessible by one of our guys that works remotely.

He is connecting using Shrewsoft VPN client 2.1.5, OS is Windows 7 pro
32bit.  He can ping the server, can use SSH to connect to the terminal
software on the server, but shares do not come up in windows explorer.
This has been tested on my laptop as well with the same setup, which has
the same problem.

Inside the network, there is no problem, all win 7 clients can connect
without a problem.

Any ideas?

regards,

Brett

Attention:

Hyne and Son Pty Limited trading as Hyne Timber reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications throughout its corporate network. This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged in which case neither is intended to be waived.
If you are not the intended recipient (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), any use, interference with, disclosure or copy of this material is unauthorised and prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail, and destroy the original communication.
This communication has been scanned and cleared by Hyne Timber's corporate virus scanning software, however it remains your responsibility to scan for viruses and other defects prior to use.  Hyne Timber shall not accept any loss or damage caused directly or indirectly to you or any third party by this communication.
Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the sender, unless stated otherwise and the content may not necessarily represent the views of Hyne Timber.