[vpn-help] Command line and post connection script

Nathan Morrow nmorrow at spotswood.org
Fri Aug 20 22:09:08 CDT 2010

Wonderful that I managed to get a connection today using Shrew.  Just noticed that for my Netgear router they finally have a netgear client for windows 7 that is a free upgrade..... to those users who bought the router this year!    I am very thankful for projects like Shrew.

That being said:

1.       How can I automatically run a script upon successful connection to the vpn?   I would like to mount some network drives once connected.

2.       How can I bring up the shrew connect dialog for a site directly without starting the access manager?  It would be lovely to double click a desktop icon and bring up the connect dialog completely bypassing the access manager.

Nathan Morrow
Director of Technical Ministries
Spotswood Baptist Church
4009 Lafayette Blvd