[vpn-help] Windows 7 64bit: filters currently installed on the system have reached the limit

Frank Llopis Frank.Llopis at SAPxbi.com
Mon Aug 30 17:38:48 CDT 2010

  Hi all,

Windows 7 Pro 64bit seems to have a very low number of possible entries
in its network adapter properties page.
Currently it is probably 11. At least that's the number I have found
searching on the Internet.
If you add another service (or any other type of entry?) you get

"Filters currently installed on the system have reached the limit"

There seems to be no way around that limit. You have to de-install
something from the Network adapter 'Networking' properties.
So one VPN client specific for a router, one generic VPN client, a
network monitoring service and the Internet Protection software together
may already be too much!
Don't even think about installing VMware on the system...

The strange thing is that the Microsoft Knowledge base doesn't even know
about the error message.
And since there is no public outcry so far I may have even got
everything wrong...
So if you have any information on the subject please let me know.

Many Thanks in Advance,
Frank.