[vpn-help] Problem to add Shrew Soft Lightweight Filter to a network connection -still not solved

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Sat Aug 14 00:07:28 CDT 2010

On 8/12/2010 1:42 AM, Andreas Velten |ave wrote:
> Problem:
>
> After the installation of the latest stable version it placed in my LAN
> and my WLAN Network Connection the “Shrew Soft Lightweight Filter” but
> not in my UMTS/3G Network connection so I can’t connect
>
> via my umts connection to my company via vpn.

In my response to your first email, I asked what OS you had the client
installed on. You still haven't answered that question. If your host
uses the Windows 7 OS, there is a native broadband adapter type that is
not supported by the latest stable release. It is supported by the
upcoming 2.1.6 version which is in release candidate status. You should
try that version and see if the "Shrew Soft Lightweight Filter" driver
is bound to your UMTS adapter.

> Tried to connect to a monowall ended every time in time out and no
> detection of a attempt in the monowall logs.

Are you trying to test using the LAN or WAN adapter or are you only
trying over the UMTS/3G adapter?

> Can no one help?

Maybe. But you have to supply a detailed problem report and answer the
questions that are asked or its going to be difficult to diagnose your
problem.