[vpn-help] [Question] Shrew VPN client with Win7 - Netscreen SSG5

Wo Chong wo.chong at edison.com.hk
Wed Aug 18 16:37:44 CDT 2010

Dear Mathew,

First, thanks for your reply, but what I found in the test is:

1. The Remote PC (with Win7 OS) was success retrieve the IP (192.168.1.100)
from the netscreen ip pool
2. I install the sniffer software in the local pc (with windows
xp,192.168.111.10, sniffer software was using wireshark), I saw the icmp
request was success sent to the local pc, but I cannot found the reply from
the local pc.
3. I had setup another local pc (windows xp, 192.168.111.20) and try to ping
the 192.168.111.10 and it was success to get the reply, and I can saw the
icmp-echo and reply log in the sniffer log.

Thanks!
Br,
Wo