[vpn-help] Error Connecting via UMTS/3G still in Ver. 2.1.6

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Thu Aug 19 15:03:11 CDT 2010

On 8/19/2010 2:55 PM, Matthew Grooms wrote:
> On 8/19/2010 5:40 AM, Andreas Velten |ave wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I updated yesterday to the last stable release, the shrew filter is in
>> the connection 3g/umts established –connecting to the monowall is
>> possible and the tunnel is established but I cannot access the network
>> behind the monowall.
>>
>> I don’t change any settings- the connection is established with the same
>> settings via wlan or lan without any problems.
>>
>> My System: win7 x64 Client : Shrew VPN Client 2.1.6
>>

> Andreas,
>
> Try setting the Policy Generation Level to unique under the policy tab.

I'm sorry. I didn't read your email close enough. I didn't see that you
could connect properly from the wlan or lan. Try lowering the MTU on the
virtual adapter to a low value. This can sometimes solve problems with
mobile broadband adapters.

Also, its worth mentioning wireless broadband providers often release
custom versions of the wireless adapter utilities that can interfere
with VPN connections. There were two separate instances that have been
reported on this mailing list that were corrected by downloading and
installing the generic drivers and software from the original adapter
manufacturer.