[vpn-help] Command line and post connection script

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Mon Aug 23 23:40:55 CDT 2010

On 8/20/2010 10:09 PM, Nathan Morrow wrote:
> Wonderful that I managed to get a connection today using Shrew.  Just
> noticed that for my Netgear router they finally have a netgear client
> for windows 7 that is a free upgrade….. to those users who bought the
> router this year! I am very thankful for projects like Shrew.
>
> That being said:
>
> 1. How can I automatically run a script upon successful connection to
> the vpn? I would like to mount some network drives once connected.

This isn't a feature that is supported by the client at the moment. You
could create a batch file and double click it after your connect. Not
exactly an ideal solution.

> 2. How can I bring up the shrew connect dialog for a site directly
> without starting the access manager? It would be lovely to double click
> a desktop icon and bring up the connect dialog completely bypassing the
> access manager.

If you double click on the ipsecc program, you get this output in the
status window ...

ipsecc -r "name" [-u <name>][-p <pass>][-a]
   -r site configuration name
   -u connection user name
   -p connection user password
   -a auto connect

... So you can create a shortcut to ipsecc and pass -r "site name". This
will open the connection window, bypassing the access manager.

Hope this helps,