[vpn-help] can't Remote Desktop Windows 7 to Windows 7

Shawn O'Hara sohara at integretek.com
Tue Dec 7 19:27:37 CST 2010

Problem:

The VPN client version 2.1.7 connects to my gateway "tunnel enabled" but I
can not successfully Remote Desktop connect.  At first I had a complaint
that the IP address I was trying to connect to did not match the machine
name.  I imported certificate and now get the complaint that "username or
password is incorrect" but I am 100% sure it is not. (NOTE: An XP test
system right next to mine connects just fine to confirm the username and
password!)
My .pcf import must have worked correctly for the VPN connection to be
successful, correct?

To Reproduce:

Connect to VPN from Windows 7 64-bit machine.

VPN Client Version = 2.1.7 Release
Windows OS Version = Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

remote machine is Windows 7 Professional 64-bit