[vpn-help] Shrewsoft and Verizon

Jerry Hedrick jhedrick at smart-technologies.com
Thu Dec 9 16:39:47 CST 2010

On a laptop running Windows XP with service pack 3,  Verizon VZAccess
with usb760, and shrewsoft VPN version 2.1.5 or version 2.1.7 (I tried
both). After the laptop is booted I can connect to Verizon and start the
VPN and it works perfectly. But if the Verizon get disconnected,
manually or just because it is a cellphone card, the DNS quits working.
So I turned off the ShrewSoft DNS Proxy Daemon. That allowed the DNS to
start working again but the ShrewSoft will never connect again until the
system is rebooted. Its like the disconnect of the Verizon breaks all
traffic for the ShrewSoft software. Got any suggestions.

Jerry