[vpn-help] trouble with using Shrew Soft 2.1.5 in a T-Mobile usb broadband

C Gatsonis cg-us at comcast.net
Thu Dec 30 20:55:16 CST 2010

I would appreciate any help with the following problem I am facing:

    * I am using a T-Mobile Rocket 2.0 usb stick  for broadband access.
    * I have not been able to complete a VPN connection  using  the
      Shrew Soft 2.1.5 client. The problem is similar to what others
      have reported in this list and elsewhere:   after "bringing up
      tunnel"   the connection is not completed, a "negotiation time
      out" occurs and the tunnel is disabled.
    * I have played with various values for the options in the Shrew
      Soft VPN access manager but was not able to complete the connection.

Thanks in advance.
cg