[vpn-help] Gateway Authentication Error - Windows 7

Alan Chapple chappieaj at aim.com
Wed Feb 3 16:58:18 CST 2010

Just thought I would update this.  I found that the Gateway
Authetication Error occurs with 2.1.5 and 2.1.6RC regardless of what
Windows OS it is installed on.  Even happens on Win2K.  Clearly it is a
problem between the Raccoon server we are running and V 2.1.5/6.

I installed 2.1.3 on the Windows 7 client, using the Vista compatibility
mode on Win 7, and it ran perfectly - no Gateway Authentication Errors,
nothing out of the ordinary.

I am happy to test new versions in my environment, if you are interested
in finding out why 2.1.5 (and .6) gives the error, whereas 2.1.3 in
Vista compatibility, does not.

Cheers,

Alan