[vpn-help] [Vpn-help] Adapter Configuration Failed

Paul Kuckein Paul.Kuckein at Sun.COM
Thu Feb 4 17:06:58 CST 2010

Mathew --

I am having a similar problem to that described in the the "[Vpn-help]
Adapter Configuration Failed" thread.

I have installed the latest version of the Client (2.1.5) on my 32-bit
Vista machine.

I installed it on top of version 2.1.4, which appeared to uninstall
correctly.

I then set up the pcf profile as used by others in my company.

When I try to connect, I get the following messages:

    config loaded for site 'USA_SFBay.pcf'
    configuring client settings ...
    attached to key daemon ...
    peer configured
    iskamp proposal configured
    esp proposal configured
    client configured
    local id configured
    pre-shared key configured
    bringing down tunnel ...
    adapter configuration failed
    tunnel disabled
    detached from key daemon ...

I tried resetting the wi-fi adapter on my Toshiba L355 Laptop  through
which Shrew is trying establish a tunnel.  Everything looks good -- the
wi-fi Internet connection is working fine and I am sending this e-mail
using it.

--

Regards,
Paul Kuckein