[vpn-help] Please Help Test Possible Cisco Interoperability Improvements ...

George Durkee gdurkee at sonic.net
Wed Feb 10 18:50:13 CST 2010

Hi:

After much flailing (and a list-serv message sent separately: Shrew
timeout) I made a successful connection with the workaround suggested
here. I've been trying to connect to Sonic.net -- I know nothing
about their VPN connection requirements, only that Cisco 32x worked.
Their configuration is at:
http://www.sonic.net/support/ss/windows/vpn/

Using 5.1.6 beta 4, I made the change suggested here:

WORKAROUND: As a test in 2.1.6 Beta 2, the Shrew Soft VPN client will
allow the user to specify a single include network of 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
under the site configuration policy tab.

and that worked. I connected without problem and tested it with an IP check.

Other changes over imported Cisco PFC:

Force-rfc
Authentication method: Mutual PFK and XAUTH
Key ID String from Enhanced VPN to Standard VPN (reentered password)
single include network to 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 (as above).

Thanks! I'll head over to the Donate button now.

George