[vpn-help] BSOD/crash worse in beta 4

Tim Mensch tim-shrewsoft at bitgems.com
Fri Feb 26 12:24:23 CST 2010

I definitely continued to see a crash with 2.1.6 beta 3 on my i7 desktop
(it runs 8 concurrent threads). When I checked the minidump files, it
was crashing in a completely different place than 2.1.5 crashed, though.
I've already forwarded all minidumps to Matthew off-list.

I haven't tried 2.1.6 beta 4 on my desktop, since 2.1.5 rc3 was actually
stable on my laptop (also Windows 7 x64, but only 2 threads and not as
fast). Next week I'll try beta 4 on my desktop, but since I just got a
BSOD on my laptop using beta 4, I'm not eager to do the experiment.

Tim

Kenneth Payne wrote:
> My experience is the same, daily crashes with 2.1.5 running Win7
> 64bit.  Upgraded to 2.1.6 beta 4 and not a single crash in weeks.
> Thanks!!!!
>
> I have noticed when rebooting, windows occasionally does not shut down
> completely, requiring a hard reset - but this is just an FYI, I do not
> know if it is related to Shrew VPN client, but I have only experienced
> this issue since upgrading to 2.1.6.  It may just be coincidental, but
> thought I'd throw that out in case anyone else has experienced the
> same thing.
>
> -Kenneth
>
> On 2/26/2010 12:46 PM, William Baum wrote:
>> Fwiw, I also had crashes almost daily with 2.1.5. And have Bren
>> running 2.1.6 beta 3 (not 4) for weeks without a single crash on win7
>> 64-bit.
>>
>> --Bill
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone.  Please excuse brevity, typos, etc..
>>
>> On Feb 26, 2010, at 11:24 AM, Tim Mensch<tim-shrewsoft at bitgems.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> I've been running 2.1.5 successfully for several weeks on my laptop,
>>> where it would crash once or twice per day on my desktop. In
>>> preparation
>>> for submitting my last bug request, I decided to try 2.1.6 beta 4 on
>>> my