[vpn-help] VPN Client not working under Windows 7 (64 bit)

Andrea dontworry at sunrise.ch
Fri Jan 8 03:10:36 CST 2010

hi all
i've installed the vpn client (2.1.5) on my new installed windows 7
(64bit) system. unfortunately it doesn't work correctly.
when i start a connection the acces manager puts the message "tunnel
enabled" but if  i look to the connection detail, there is
no security association established, the value is 0. if i run a
ipconfig, the adpaters gateway ip address is 0.0.0.0.
i've also installed the software on my windows xp (32bit) notebook, it
works fine there and the adapter get's a gateway ip, the same
as the adpater itself.

i get this error ike service log message on win 7
unable to locate phase1 to process NAT-T for peer 184.109.219.4:4500

i've noticed a difference between the two systems.
when i look at my win 7, the network adapter is listet in the windows
device manager as inactive with error code 22 as long as
i don't get a connection.
as soon as i have a connection with the vpn client, the adapter
disapears in the windows device manager.
on my notebook with win xp, the adapter is never visible in the windows
device manager.

what can i change to make the client work?

thanks for any help