[vpn-help] Netgear Prosafe DGFV338 Gateway Mode Config help

Patrick MacEwen patrick at bonkers.uk.com
Wed Jan 13 06:36:08 CST 2010

Hello

I require to set up a tunnel between a windows 7 pro (64 bit) client using
release 2.1.5 and a netgear prosafe DGFV338.

I'm comfortable following the netgear commercial gateway howto in the
support section.

However, In setting up the Mode Config Record -  I'm not sure which IP
addresses I should put in there ( both in the client pool and Traffic Tunnel
Security settings)

My gateway local IP address is 192.168.10.1/255.255.255.0

Could anyone advise as to what my Pool IP address, wins and dns server
settings should be set to and also should I use 192.168.10.1 as my "Local IP
address etc?

Many thanks

Patrick MacEwen