[vpn-help] Gateway Authentication Error - Windows 7

Alan Chapple chappieaj at aim.com
Tue Jan 19 15:26:28 CST 2010

Hi All,

I am using Shrewsoft Client 2.1.6 RC3.  When attempting a connection
from a Windows 7 machine to a NetBSD gateway running Raccoon, I receive
a "gateway autentication error".  I do not receive this using XP.  I
tried to run the Trace Utility as instructed in some previous posts, but
that doesn't even seem to connect to the services at all.  I can't stop
the IKE service as directed - the stop button is not even activated.

I tried running the client in XP compatibility mode, but no difference.

I wonder if anyone can assist?

Cheers,

Alan.