[vpn-help] SMB traffic not being tunneled

Matt Putnam matt at packetfoundry.net
Tue Jan 19 16:00:50 CST 2010

Hello All,
         I just came across this vpn client and was excited as I have a
computer that came pre installed with windows 7 x64 and so I cant use
the Cisco VPN client to connect to my work vpn.
         So far the software is great I was able to install and setup
the VPN connection without any issues but now that i have established
the connection and have verified that traffic is passing i cant access
any of my network shares.
          I didn't have any trouble with the cisco client and connecting
to the shares and we use the ip not a dns or wins name to access the
share. Is there something i can do to find out why this traffic is not
being tunneled but other traffic such as http, icmp, and ssh are being
tunneled?

Thanks,
     Matt