[vpn-help] WIN7 & NET USE problem / TRACE utility won't start&stop

John Wilson jwilson9 at rochester.rr.com
Tue Jan 5 20:08:46 CST 2010

Matthew, thanks for your help.  But, changing mtu settings didn't help.
Tried several settings with no change.  Also, using the ping command of
previous member to determine optimal mtu setting indicated that default of
1380 was fine (no DF problem).

Also, I cannot get the trace function to do anything.  Start, stop, restart
buttons do nothing, and there are no log entries for any of the tabs.  What
am I doing wrong?

And, one last stupid question?  I don't know how to "respond" to these
questions to keep them in the mail listing correctly.  Can you help me out?

Thanks, John

Hi John,

When you can ping a host but you can't do things like RDP, CIFS, FTP,
SSH, etc ... its almost always related to an MTU issue. Someone recently
reported that the MTU setting for the Virtual adapter in the site
configuration didn't seem to be applied properly. I haven't had a chance
to look into this yet but I have it on my rather long todo list. If you
search the mail archives, I believe the user shared his solution.

Hope this helps,

-Matthew