[vpn-help] Connection failing Gnat Box Firewall Ignoring phase 1

Haydn Mellowship haydn_mellowship at airbornesolutions.com
Fri Jul 2 14:07:37 CDT 2010

Hi

This is my first experience configuring a VPN and I do not have the
first idea how to troubleshoot the problem.  I would appreciate any
help. I am using version 2.1.5 connecting to a Gnat Box 3.7.2

I have configured the client to match the configuration of the firewall.
The connection is initially established but the handshake process fails.
The strange thing is that the problem seems to be machine or location
specific as when I use certain machines I do not get a problem. If I do
fresh installs of Windows XP this does not seem to help.

The error message that stands out is

10/06/30 16:48:40 !! : phase1 packet ignored, resending last packet (
phase1 already mature )

I have attached the other log files

Many Thanks

Haydn Mellowship