[vpn-help] negotiation timout occurred

Ioan Benedek ibenedek at softvision.ro
Tue Jul 20 11:40:26 CDT 2010

  Hello,

I am having an issue with Shrew vpn-client-2.1.6-beta-6, on Windows
Server 2008 R2 Standard 64 bit - I am connecting to this machine using
Remote Desktop.
I am using a Cisco .pcf file to connect to the remote server, I haven't
made any other changes after the import.
I am getting the message "negotiation timout occurred" when I'm trying
to establish the VPN connection.
Below is a full log from the main window:

config loaded for site 'Maddenco.pcf'
configuring client settings ...
attached to key daemon ...
peer configured
iskamp proposal configured
esp proposal configured
client configured
local id configured
pre-shared key configured
bringing up tunnel ...
negotiation timout occurred
tunnel disabled
detached from key daemon ...

The trace utility does not indicates any activity.
The strange thing is that if I follow the same steps on my local machine
(Win XP, SP3, 32 bit, same version of Shrew) I am able to connect
without any issues.
Initially I have used the Shrew 2.1.5 stable release, but the results
were identical: same issue on Windows 2008, no errors on local computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Ioan
--
¯ 	Ioan Benedek | SoftVision | Development Team Lead
The content of this communication is classified as SoftVision