[vpn-help] Use shrew as a replacement of QuickVPN

Tariq Hasan tariq.hasan at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 20 14:32:16 CDT 2010

Hi all,

I have a need to use something else other than QuickVPN (which is very finicky
and does not work at all on x64 platforms).

What I need to do is to create upto 20 tunnels to RV016 type router (RV042,
RV082, etc) using IPSec with unique username/password combos.

I have the client .PEM file but for the life of me, can't figure the
configuration.

The docs in Support section for those types of routers work beautifully but you
can create only 2 GroupVPN tunnels and has no username/password
challenge/response authentication.

Any help appreciated.

TH.