[vpn-help] Hang during 2.16 RC1 install (old components removal)

kevin shrew-vpn klmlk at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 23 08:57:09 CDT 2010

Hi all,

I have experienced a hang during the install process for 2.1.6 RC 1.
It has hung during the remove old components, specifically,
"Uninstalling Network Component".  The progress window shows "Execute:
C:\Program Files\ShrewSoft\VPN Client\netcfg.exe -del pflt"

This is on Windows XP SP3 32-bit, the previous version of the client
being removed is 2.1.6-rmfix1.  Novell Client 4.91 SP5 is also
installed.  This is on a laptop with only the wireless adapter
connected.

I was just using the VPN, downloaded RC1, then ran the installer.  The
VPN apps (Access Manager, Trace, etc) were all closed and there was no
VPN up at the time, but I had not rebooted since I was connected.  In
fact, I think the iked service was even stopped, because I had
renamed the iked.log file.

I believe this is the second time I've had the problem, the last
time I just rebooted and ran the installer again.  I've left the hung
install as is (ie open) in case there's any diagnostics to be run.