[vpn-help] Automatic re-connection option

Andrei Remenchuk andrei144 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 01:28:12 CDT 2010

I am evaluating Shrew Soft VPN client and it's working well for me on
Windows 7 x64,
where other clients have troubles. Thanks for that.

The problem is that my VPN connection breaks periodically - sometimes
every couple of hours and sometimes as often as every few minutes. This
is just how
my gateway is - it is not VPN client's fault. I just re-connect and keep
working.

With other clients, I am able to set up automatic re-connection.

Why doesn't Shrew Soft VPN client have an option to automatically
re-connect
disconnected sessions ?  I understand that I can do it manually, but
that is
quite disruptive. If there's no way to achieve auto-reconnection in the
current
version, then consider it a feature request.

I tried 2.1.6-beta10 and 2.2.0-alpha-9.
The error I see in the log is "session terminated by gateway".