[vpn-help] Huawei E160 using VPN - after connection loss - Traffic stops completely - related to DNS proxy daemon (still exists with v2.1.6)

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Wed Jul 7 18:57:52 CDT 2010

On 7/7/2010 1:09 AM, Andreas Allacher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using a Huawei E160 to connect to the Internet through UMTS and after I loose connection it happens that the WHOLE traffic is blocked - even with the tunnel down.
> Up to v2.1.5 (and also some 2.1.6-beta versions) it was enough to just connect to the internet and disconnect.
>
> Now with v2.1.6-beta9 I have to do the following:
> 1.) Connect to the internet
> 2.) Open tunnel
> 3.) Disable tunnel (I am not completely sure if I did this point but I am pretty sure)
> 4.) Disconnect from internet
> 5.) Reconnect to internet
> 6.) Disconnect from internet
> 7.) Reconnect to internet
>
> -->  No traffic working at all.
>
> Sorry if this is the second mail - I accidentely sent it too early before.

Hi Andreas,

It would be helpful to see log output from when this problem occurs ...

http://www.shrew.net/support/wiki/BugReportVpnWindows

It would also be helpful to see your route table before and after this
problem occurs. You can obtain this using the 'route print' command. It
is possible that something isn't being cleaned up properly.