[vpn-help] "negotiation timout occurred" in Windows 7

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Thu Jul 8 11:50:21 CDT 2010

On 7/8/2010 8:48 AM, Julien Brosseau wrote:
> Kevin
>
> Didn't reply to the right mailbox
>
> Nothing that I know of. I have tried getting in from anther machine that is
> XP with the Cisco client and that was OK.
>
> Here is the log file.  Not sure if I can attach a file.

Julien,

Next time you send log file information to the list, please replace the
gateway IP with x.x.x.x unless this is a lab test. However, since you
did include the gateway address I did a quick test against it. The only
information I entered was the gateway IP, set the authentication mode,
and set a fictitious ID and pre-shared key. It immediately responded
with the 2nd packet in the exchange which is more than you are seeing.

My advice would be to upgrade to 2.1.6 beta 10. If you have a PCF file,
re-import the PCF file. If you have problems with that, send me the log
output directly. Otherwise, rebuild your configuration from scratch. I
would just start by entering the gateway address, setting the auth mode
to Mutual PSK+Axuth, setting the local ID to the cisco group name and
entering the group password as the PSK. That should be it.