[vpn-help] What's the email adresse of the shrew soft support?

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Sat Jul 10 18:10:26 CDT 2010

On 7/9/2010 6:51 PM, Carsten Krüger wrote:
> Hello Matthew,
>
>> Do you use an Ethernet adapter or a 802.11 adapter for your bridged VM
>> network?
>
> Ethernet
>
>>   A work around was applied to the filter drivers which should
>> have fixed this for 2K/XP/Vista LAN+802.11 adapters. It probably won't
>> work 100% of the time for Windows 7.
>
> Is Windows 7 ...

Hi Carsten,

Strange. I spent some time testing DNS on my development workstation
which is also Windows 7 and has VMWare 7 installed. I don't have any
problem with DNS on guest workstations regardless if I the client is
connected or not.

The 2.1.6 version is way too close to release to do any major changes to
the code base. However, I did make some minor modifications that
dynamically add and remove the DNS proxy divert and IPsec ARP mirror
rules. This allows the kernel filter to operate as a 100% pass-thru when
the client is disconnected. It also changes the DNS proxy port value
from 8053 to 50053 to avoid conflicts with other software that may be
bound to this port.

Please give this build a try and let me know if it fixes your issue ...

http://test-www.shrew.net/download/vpn/vpn-client-2.1.6-rulefix-1.exe