[vpn-help] What's the email adresse of the shrew soft support?

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Thu Jul 15 00:05:50 CDT 2010

On 7/12/2010 6:09 AM, Carsten Krüger wrote:
> Hello Matthew,
>
>> Strange. I spent some time testing DNS on my development workstation
>> which is also Windows 7 and has VMWare 7 installed. I don't have any
>> problem with DNS on guest workstations regardless if I the client is
>> connected or not.
>
> I have the problem on all of my computers.
>
>> Please give this build a try and let me know if it fixes your issue ...
>> http:/www.shrew.net/download/vpn/vpn-client-2.1.6-rulefix-1.exe
>
> This build kills bridged network completely!
> No traffic at all.

Hi Carsten,

I don't have any idea why that would happen. I tested the build on my
systems and have no such issue. As for it being worse than the latest
beta, it uses the exact same kernel drivers and has no rules loaded when
the client isn't active. This should be an improvement, not more
intrusive. Did you do any testing before removing the client? Did you
try looking at the rules in the VPN Trace application? What happens when
you disable DPD or uncheck the Lightweight filter service in your
network adapter properties?