[vpn-help] Blue Screen of Death on Windows Server Standard 2008 SP2

Travis Ebert introspect66-shrew at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 3 00:37:00 CDT 2010

I am using the 2.1.5-release of Shrew Soft VPN client for Windows on Windows Server Standard 2008 SP2 64-bit.

I have gotten 3 blue screens of death over the last several days. I followed the steps on this website to convert the minidumps into log files:

http://www.memecode.com/docs/minidump.php

It looks like vfilter.sys is causing the issue. Can anyone help?

There doesn't seem to be any particular action on my part that triggers it other than to be connected to my VPN. One time it happened early in the morning before I even sat down to the computer.

--Travis