[vpn-help] No DNS, but can ping network

jason smith jason.oakcraft at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 14:16:18 CDT 2010

HI guys, I am new to VPNs in general, and have a small problem with Shrew
connecting to Netgear SRXN 3025 router, using a Win7 64bit laptop at home.
Work network is 192.168.0.0 and home is 192.168.1.0 with the dhcp on the vpn
set to distribute 192.168.2.0
I can connect with ease following the guide on the Shrew website, and I can
ping several computers on the work network. Problem is I cannot ping by
computer name, and also cannot actually access any computer using firefox
web browser, or Windows 7 networking.
Can anyone help? I have tried several versions of Shrew, all giving the same
result.
Thanks!