[vpn-help] Network error with Shrewsoft vpn client on Windows 7 64bit

Malte Kokoschka malte.kokoschka at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Jun 10 06:01:03 CDT 2010

Dear all,

I installed Shrewsoft vpn on my Windows 7 64bit system, because it is not
supported by the Cisco client our university uses. Unfortunately, as soon as
I install shrew vpn client no network access is possible any longer. I have
not been able to figure out, where the problem is located. I still get an ip
address  assigned on my local network, but no data is transferred (also
without starting shrew vpn!) The only possibility, to be able to use my
network connection again was uninstalling shrewsoft vpn!

I would be most grateful for any help you can provide me, because I really
need a vpn client and already thougth about buying the NCP client .

Best regards,

Malte