[vpn-help] Fwd: Internet connection dies after some minutes of heavy download traffic

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Sat Jun 12 14:57:44 CDT 2010

On 6/12/2010 1:37 PM, wosgien at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think it makes no sense for me to test these new builds. A "no error"
> test result would have no validity.
>
> I am very happy with lwf-8: The error did not occur for several day now,
> and the normal VPN functionality works flawlessly.

Hi Andreas,

Thanks again for testing these builds. If lwf-8 works for you, please
continue using it and let me know if the problem returns. It contains a
fix for a real bug ( only exposed under heavy network load ) which will
be integrated into all future releases.

At this point, I'm of the opinion that the problems you and Tamas are
experiencing may not be related. A gateway ARP entry being absent from
the ARP table is a generic symptom of packets being stalled on send or
receive code path. In other words, its not concrete evidence that your
problems are caused by the same driver bug.

Thanks again,