[vpn-help] IKE service drops something. Breaks connections...

Christian Wattengård christian.wattengard at sensus.no
Tue Mar 2 15:59:15 CST 2010

All the machines are on the same network 10.1.1.x
The routes are set pr ip. with 192.168.1.100 as the gw and 255.255.255.255 as mask.
Which machine stops responding is semi-random. If I try to connect to all the machines right after connecting to the VPN they all respond like normal.

The normal "flow" is somewhat like this:
I start the pc.
I connect to the VPN because I need to connect to the SQL server. This works nicely. After a while, I need to connect via RDP to our appserver to restart some apps and such, however the appserver does not respond.
If I then disconnect the vpn-client, stop the IKE service (using the trace utility), start the IKE service and reconnect the vpn-client, I can again connect to the RDP server. And since I'm already doing SQL work, I reconnect the SQL Management Studio aswell. Now the connection to these two servers will work perfectly, even if I disconnect and reconnect.
However, if I disconnect the RDP-server for a longer while, then try to reconnect again, it randomly may or may not work. If it doesn't want to connect, I again have to go through the stop-start of the IKE service. Then it works again.

If you need any specific info, logs or files, let me know. I have glanced at the logs, beeing a developer myself, but I don't really know what I'm looking for...

Christian...