[vpn-help] Imported pcf file lacks authentication info

novnov novnovice at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 10:43:16 CST 2010

I am running shrew (current ver) on windows 7 64 and am not able to get a vpn connection to work. I imported a pcf file which does work on other OS with the cisco vpn client, and the issue is the authentication part. I don't really understand vpn software well so bear with me...in the cisco client software, there is an entry for 'Group Authencation' with Name and a masked password. That name value was pulled in to shrew, it's shown at Local Identity as Key ID string. I don't see the masked password; and when I try to connect, I'm prompted for a user name and password. What user name and password? I don't know the group auth password and I'm not sure I'll be given that by the network guy. It can't be asking me for my windows domain creds, right?

Thanks