[vpn-help] Shrew Client and routing through AVM Fritz Router7270

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Sun Mar 14 20:35:49 CDT 2010

On 3/9/2010 8:33 AM, Linwood Ferguson wrote:
> *>>>*The Virtual Wifi Miniport is used to have connection to more than
> one WLAN simultanously.

> Adapter) after it is enabled manually via netsh
>
> That would make sense, but is not my experience. I found it popped up
> automatically.
>
> Perhaps that varies based on drivers, or windows versions, or some such?
> Not sure.
>
> But Microsoft did slide it in rather quietly.
>
> I’m delighted with Shrew now that I have disabled it, I have had no
> further troubles. Or well – not many. Every couple of days I need to
> restart the services for some reason (they are running, I am connected,
> but no traffic passes – but that’s really minor).

Hi Linwood,

Thanks for helping Rainer work around this problem. I will order a new
laptop for testing this issue in the next week or so. Unfortunately I
only have older laptops on hand at the moment. With any luck, I'll be
able to diagnose this problem and hopefully implement a fix.

BTW, are you using the new BETA series? The later releases should be a
lot more resilient to temporary connection issues which could lead to a
daemon malfunction. If that doesn't help, please feel free to forward me
the logs and I'll try to sort out the problem.

Thanks again,