[vpn-help] Starting the GUI

Albrecht Mehl mehl at freunde.tu-darmstadt.de
Sat Mar 13 01:02:36 CST 2010

With opensuse Linux 11.2 I installed the vpn client

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

001109ea63a6:/home/am/internet/shrewvpn/ike # cmake -DDEBUG=YES
-DQTGUI=YES -DNATT=YES -DLDAP=YES .
-- Using install prefix /usr/local ...
-- Using etc path /etc ...
-- Using man path /usr/local/man ...
-- Using binary /usr/bin/flex ...
-- Using binary /usr/bin/bison ...
-- Enabled NAT Traversal support ...
-- Enabled LDAP Authentication support ...
-- Looking for XOpenDisplay in /usr/lib64/libX11.so;/usr/lib64/libXext.so
-- Looking for XOpenDisplay in
/usr/lib64/libX11.so;/usr/lib64/libXext.so - found
-- Looking for gethostbyname
-- Looking for gethostbyname - found
-- Looking for connect
-- Looking for connect - found
-- Looking for remove
-- Looking for remove - found
-- Looking for shmat
-- Looking for shmat - found
-- Looking for IceConnectionNumber in ICE
-- Looking for IceConnectionNumber in ICE - found
-- Found X11: /usr/lib64/libX11.so
-- Enabled Client QT GUI support ...
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/am/internet/shrewvpn/ike

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

which seems to have been successful. But ... either because your
documentation is too sparse or because I am looking at the wrong places
I cannot get the GUI running to insert the profil already provided by
the intended host:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

001109ea63a6:/home/am/internet/shrewvpn/ike/script # ./iked -F

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

With or without the -F switch there is an immediate return to the
console prompt.

I thereforwould be most grateful to get a hint on how

  - to get the GUI running and to import the profil
  - to get the connection to the host

Please bear with me for these questions perhaps a bit trivial.

A. Mehl
--
Albrecht Mehl	    |
Schorlemmerstr. 33  |Tel. (06151) 37 39 92