[vpn-help] newbie help question: can't start client

Richard Jones richard at symplectic.co.uk
Wed Mar 17 08:29:21 CDT 2010

Hi Folks,

I'm a new user of shrew vpn on Linux (Ubuntu 9.10), and am having
problems getting the software to actually run.  I downloaded and
compiled the source, which seems to have worked (see below), but there
doesn't seem to be an obvious way to start the client interface - am I
totally missing the obvious?

I ran:

richard at magic-box: ~$ iked
iked: error while loading shared libraries: libike.so.2.1: cannot open

The compiler output was:

root at magic-box:~# make install
[  2%] Built target pfk
[  4%] Built target ike
[  8%] Built target idb
[ 24%] Built target ip
[ 26%] Built target ith
[ 28%] Built target log
[100%] Built target iked
Install the project...
-- Install configuration: ""
-- Installing: /usr/local/sbin/iked
-- Removed runtime path from "/usr/local/sbin/iked"
-- Installing: /usr/local/man/man8/iked.8
-- Installing: /usr/local/man/man5/iked.conf.5
-- Installing: /usr/local/etc/iked.conf.sample
-- Installing: /usr/local/lib/libike.so.2.1
-- Installing: /usr/local/lib/libike.so
-- Installing: /usr/local/lib/libpfk.so.2.1
-- Installing: /usr/local/lib/libpfk.so

The documentation doesn't tell you how to actually start iked/the client
(which might be different things, I can't quite tell).

Any hints?

Cheers,

Richard

--
Richard Jones
Head of Repository Systems, Symplectic Limited
e: richard at symplectic.co.uk
t: 0845 026 4755
t: +44 (0)207 7334036
w: http://www.symplectic.co.uk/