[vpn-help] R: Shrew and RSA authentication with Cisco devices

Stefano Lassi stefano.lassi at dastech.biz
Thu Mar 25 03:14:19 CDT 2010

Hi Matthew

I can't use Hybrid because Cisco configuration requests Mutual.

I tried using Trace utility, but it seems to me it is not working on W7 (64bit).

Anyway form VPN Client I'm getting output:

 attached to key daemon ...
peer configured
iskamp proposal configured
esp proposal configured
client configured
server cert configured
client cert configured
client key configured
bringing up tunnel ...
negotiation timout occurred
tunnel disabled
detached from key daemon ...

in meanwhile VPN Server logging is reporting gateway was unable to choose correct VPN Profile (that normally is recognized form certificate OU field).

Please note I'm using same certificate that is working fine with same VPN server and Cisco VPN Client.

Thank you very much about your help

Stefano