[vpn-help] Cannot route traffic to 0.0.0.0 with Speedtouch 608

Henry Barker henry at paperstone.co.uk
Mon Mar 15 12:22:51 CDT 2010

>I think your settings are incorrect. A network definition of 0.0.0.0/24
>means 0.0.0.0 -> 0.0.0.255. If you want to negotiate a single SA that
>sends all traffic via the tunnel, use 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 or don't specify
>any networks ( leave the list blank ). But for that to work correctly,
>the gateway probably needs an identical policy configuration ( which it
>looks like it has from your log output ).

Apologies, I was a bit sloppy with my description, I am using 0.0.0.0/0 or
0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 as the network definition.

When I leave the list blank and tick 'Obtain Topology Automatically..', the
default route of 0.0.0.0 is not added and all traffic not bound to the
remote LAN (192.168.123.0) goes through out through the standard network I'm
connected to. With this configuration I can route traffic to 192.168.123.0
through the tunnel successfully. Does this mean that my router is not
passing across configuration information to set up

Does this suggest I need to add a different policy configuration on my
router? I have tried adding 0.0.0.0/0 as one of the 'trusted local networks'
but this makes no difference. I'm struggling to get much help with the
Speedtouch, as it doesn't seem to be a widely used piece of kit.

Many thanks - any ideas more than appreciated!

Henry