[vpn-help] BSOD upon failed install on Panasonic Toughbook XP (ver. 2.1.5)

Susan Zoppa rsystems2 at ameritech.net
Thu May 13 12:51:25 CDT 2010

Hello,

I have a Panasonic Toughbook with Windows XP SP3 on it.  I have attempted to install your software on this PC without success.  I reach a point on the install where it says that the "Shrew Soft Mini Port Filter" is not certified by Microsoft.  My choices are to continue or quit.  I have hit continue repeatedly and get the same message.  So after a number of attempts to continue, I end up quitting.  At that point, I get a BSOD.  I have had to go back to a restored version both times that I attempted this install, because when it would try to boot after the BSOD, it would eventually just end up again at a BSOD.

I don't know if this is a problem, but I do already have a version of Checkpoint VPN Client and Netgear ProSafe VPN client installed on this PC.

Thanks so much,

Sue Zoppa