[vpn-help] Shrew VPN client fails to connect when "ike config push" is selected

Vali mastanvali at gmail.com
Wed May 26 18:42:34 CDT 2010

Hello,

    I'm hoping you will help me to identify the problem here.

    Problem:
        Shrew VPN client fails to connect to my gateway when "ike config push"
        is choosed.

    I configured "ike config push" method in the general tab.
    phase-1 and phase-2 configuration matches with what are configured on
    gateway.

    Situation:
        - Phase-1 completed successfully
        - After xauth is completed, gateway is pushing IP details to client.
        - Shrew-client is sending two ISAKMP_CFG_ACK packets to gateway. One
          with no attributes and other with accepted attributes list.

    debug logs are attached.

    If i disable "Auto configuration" in general tab and assigns a manual IP,
    everything works file. Tunnel establishes and traffic goes through.

    "ike config pull" is not working in my case.

    Here are some additional details
        . VPN Client Version    : 2.1.5
        . Windows OS Version    : Windows XP
        . Gateway Make/Model    : Watchguard's Firebox X1250e
        . Gateway OS Version ( if known ) : Do not know

Thanks,
Mastan.