[vpn-help] VPN not passing traffic using Shrew Client

kevin shrew-vpn klmlk at hotmail.com
Sun May 9 20:29:02 CDT 2010

On Sun, 09 May 2010 19:22:35 -0400
mikelupo at aol.com wrote:

> Attached is the iked.log file as you requested. As well as a
> screenshot.png of the two VPN Trace tabs you mentioned in your reply
> for your convenience. As always, it's a good idea to run a virus scan.
>
> The 2.1.6 Beta did not solve the issue.
>
> FYI:. I also have the Netgear VPN client on a different PC going
> through my same home network. It connects fine and I can communicate

Hi Mike, the red flag that I see on the screenshot is on the SA tab,
where it shows that you've been connected for over a minute yet no data
has come through the tunnel from the gateway to your PC.  I assume that
some of the 3.96 KB that you've sent are some pings which should
generate a response.  That suggests the problem lies at the other end.

However, you appear to have made a change afterwards based on MikeW's
mail which has gotten you farther ahead, so maybe the zero returned
bytes is now moot.