[vpn-help] VPN not passing traffic using Shrew Client

mikelupo at aol.com mikelupo at aol.com
Mon May 10 06:10:26 CDT 2010

Hi Kevin,
To your question about the intermittent pinging, yes, I can ping again (a 3rd, nth time) and sometimes get through to the 192.169.1.x address and sometimes not (can't reach the destination address).
However, I was able to connect via remote desktop to a PC on that remote network 192.168.1.100. So as you suggested, maybe the router treats the pings as a menace.

I agree with you that 0 bytes received is a red flag and changing the assigned IP subnet from 192.168.1.x to 192.168.2.x in the Netgear Mode Config was the key in solving. So yep, the problem was on the router end.

Thanks Mike and Kevin for your great help!
Mike