[vpn-help] BSOD after uninstalling Shrew with Novell Client installed

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Wed May 12 10:52:35 CDT 2010

On 5/11/2010 12:11 PM, kevin shrew-vpn wrote:

> Hi Matthew, I have good news and other news.  The good news is that the
> problem does not occur on Vista Business 32-bit with Shrew 2.1.5 or
> 2.1.6b7. I can add and remove Shrew with Novell Client 2 SP1 for
> Vista/Win7 installed and the Blue Screen of Death does not occur.
>
> The other testing news is that Novell does not work at all across a
> Shrew 2.1.5 tunnel on Vista.  It keeps saying that "The tree or server
> cannot be found." even though the server is both pingable and
> resolvable.  Novell does work using Shrew 2.1.6b7 on Vista though.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the update. The 2.1.6 branch will be the new stable release
within a few weeks time. Its good to hear our software works well with
the Novell client on Vista and hopefully Windows 7 as well. As for the
2.1.6 beta on Windows XP, I still need to do more investigation. My
plate is very full as of late.