[vpn-help] BSOD after uninstalling Shrew with Novell Client installed

kevin shrew-vpn klmlk at hotmail.com
Sun May 16 15:16:21 CDT 2010

On Sat, 15 May 2010 13:14:10 -0500
Matthew Grooms <mgrooms at shrew.net> wrote:

> On 5/15/2010 1:06 PM, Matthew Grooms wrote:
> >
> > Hi Kevin,
> >
> > Please give this version a try. I have modified the install /
> > uninstall process to do a better job of cleaning up the NDIS 5
> > ( 2K/XP ) filter driver. The downside is that these modifications
> > won't help folks that used an older version of the software to
> > install. :/ But if this works, 2.1.6+ should offer a better
> > experience for 2K/XP in this regard.
> >

> An actual link to the download might be appropriate :)
>
> http://www.shrew.net/download/vpn/vpn-client-2.1.6-rmfix1.exe

Hi Matthew, it looks like you corrected the error!  I've been trying to
reproduce the BSOD since yesterday with no success.  Thank you for what
is a very quick response time with a fix.  I'm amazed!

I'll keep testing it of course and I still have to test it on the
client machines that reported the error, but on my test machine the
problem seems resolved.